we typically collect the following types of information about you:
(i) information that you provide that personally identifies you (such as your name, email address or contact details); (ii) information that does not identify you, but which is relevant to your use of the website (such as the pages visited on our website and the dates and times of your visit); (iii) financial information (including payment card details)]; and [(iv) marketing and communications data (including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences).
we use this information to make the website available to you, to enable entries to the uk music video awards (the “awards”), to remember your preferences, to monitor traffic on and performance of our website, to contact you with information about our services, and to make suggestions about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
if you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you can email us at email@example.com.
what information do we collect?
the information that we collect about you falls into the following categories, (together, the “information”):
how is your personal data collected?
we use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• direct interactions. you may give us your personal information, contact details and financial information by filling in a form or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. this includes personal data you provide when you:
o apply to enter the awards;
o purchase tickets or sign-up to attend one of our events;
o create an account on our website;
o subscribe to our service;
o request marketing to be sent to you;
o enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
o give us feedback or contact us.
• automated technologies or interactions. as you interact with our website, we will automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. we collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
how do we use the information that you provide to us?
we use your information for the purposes of:
• making the website available to you by recognising the ip address of your computer and any preferences you may have indicated on earlier visits;
• enabling entries to the awards;
• monitoring visitor traffic on our website and conducting analysis on the performance of our website including using google analytics (see above for further information) so that we can improve user experience; and
• contacting you with information about our services which we think might be of interest to you.
please note that this will be done if you have consented to receive email communication at the point of registration or when entering an award category. you may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in those emails, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject field.
what is our lawful basis to process your information?
we will only use your personal information where we have legal grounds to do so. generally, we will only process your personal information on the following grounds:
• the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (including our terms and conditions of entry);
• the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation placed on us and/or or one of our authorised third parties;
• the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, or by a third party. for example, we have a legitimate interest in keeping our website up to date, or to inform our marketing strategy or grow our business.
what are cookies?
a cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. when you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. you may refuse to accept cookies by changing the setting on your browser so that it will not accept cookies. however, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain current or future parts of our website. for more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
how do we use website use information?
sharing information with third parties
• we may share your information with our third party business partners for the purposes of administering the awards or for operating and maintaining our website.
we require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. we do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
we do not transfer your personal data outside the european economic area (eea).
protecting your information
how can you access and correct your information?
you have a right to:
• receive a copy of information we hold about you;
• request correction of your personal data;
• request erasure of your personal data;
• object to processing of your personal data;
• request restriction of processing your personal data;
• request transfer of your personal data; and
• withdraw consent.
if you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above please email us at email@example.com or by write to us at unit 13 tay building, 2a wrentham avenue, london, nw10 3ha, addressed to "the event director".
you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
what about other websites linked to our website?
we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. in addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. they will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
we have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
how long will you use my personal data for?
we will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. we may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
to determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.